- May 18, 2020
- 0 Comment(s)
Coconut Water Coffee
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder (or 1 shot of espresso)
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup coconut water
- In a large glass combine the
espresso powder and boiling water and mix until dissolved. (Alternately
use ½ cup strong brewed coffee).
- Add the sweetened condensed
milk and stir until dissolved. If you find it is taking a while, re-heat
the mixture and continue stirring.
- Once dissolved add the coconut water.
- Fill the remaining space in the glass with ice.
- Serve immediately.
Tender Coconut Pudding(Eggless)
Yields 25 medium squares.(Serves 10)
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk = 400gms = 300ml
- Sugar- 1/4 cup (not more than 6 tsps if you prefer less sweet)
- China grass / agar agar- 10 gms
- Tender coconut water- 1 Tin
- Tender coconut meat – 1/2 cup
To begin with ,cut china grass into one inch long strips. Rinse and soak in hot tender coconut water for 1- 2 hours. Let the coconut you scrape out be tender and transparent rather than the opaque whitish matured ones.Boil milk, condensed milk and sugar together. Once it boils, simmer just for a few seconds giving a stir in between.Heat tender coconut water in which the china grass had been soaked and melt it bringing the coconut water to gentle boil. I could melt it within 2 minutes of gentle simmer. Too much of boiling destroys the natural texture and flavour of the coconut water. It is tough to melt down the grass strands completely.A few might remain at the bottom and you may strain and grind it in a mixie before combining with the milk mixture. These strands are harmless and doesn’t alter the texture and the taste of the pudding. When you mix the china grass solution and the milk mixture, let them both be of the same temperature; either warm or luke warm. So, after you mix it all together pour in a flat squarish shallow glass container and not like what I did coz it will be difficult to unmould and slice into serving sizes.Freeze for 5 minutes and then place it on the normal refrigerator compartment to chill for about 30-45 minutes until it is set. Do not over freeze or chill as it hardens the pudding.I toppled the bowl gently and it moulded out pretty clean.